Ground Rules for a Productive Conversation
1. Have a “kitchen table” conversation. Everyone participates. No one dominates.
2. There are no “right” answers. Draw on your own experiences, views and beliefs. You do not need to be an expert.
3. Keep an open mind. Listen carefully. Try to understand the views of those who disagree with you.
4. Help keep the discussion on track. Stick to the questions. Try not to ramble.
5. It is okay to disagree. But don’t be disagreeable. Respond to others how you want to be responded to.
6. Have fun! Collaborating is a rewarding experience. It enables all of us to be of value and make a difference.
Source: America’s Schools at a Turning Point: And how we THE PEOPLE can help shape their future